Want to stay up-to-date on the latest information regarding tropical warnings for severe storms? You are in the right place. Internationally, the Cyclone is called the Severe Tropical Storm Rai. It is also known locally as Odette, and is gradually increasing in intensity.
Both Philippines, as well as the United States, want to know the latest news about Tropical Cyclone, Public Storm Warning #1 Sign and its impacts. You can view the complete episode below to get all the details.
A BRIEF INTRODUCTION TO PUBLIC WARNING SIGNAL
These signals are broadcast in order to alert the public and raise awareness about possible weather disruptions. Based on the intensity, size, direction and speed of the storm, signal numbers are assigned to certain areas.
Based on where the storm travels through the Philippines Zone of Responsibility (Par), public warnings for storms can be modified or decreased. Before we go into the Public Storm Warning #1 Sign ,, let’s talk about the warning signals that are available to the general public.
PUBLIC WARNING SYSTEM
The table below outlines the warning signs and their durations, as well as how they impact the environment.
|Storm warnings to the public||Time in hours||Wind speed in KMPH||Wind Effect|
|#1||36||30-60||Light to no damage|
|#2||24||61-120||Light to medium effect|
|#4||12||171-220||Extremely severe to very high damage|
|#5||12||>220||High and widespread|
PUBLIC WARNING #1 SIGNAL
- In open ocean, 30-60 kmph winds can last up to 36 hours.
- Waves of 1.25m to 4.0m could be predicted.
- Rain showers are possible.
- It is best to avoid high-risk structures.
- Structures that are low-risk and have moderate to slight damage
- Homes made of lighter materials may sustain minor damage.
- Banana plants can be tilted, and their leaves are damaged.
- Broken or damaged small tree twigs are possible.
- Rice crops can be seriously damaged if they are in their blooming phase.
- It is recommended that people pay attention to the latest weather forecasts every six hours from PAGASA.
- It can be managed just like any other business.
THE LATEST NEWS PUBLIC STORM WARNING #1 SIGNAL
Sources say that Odette received the signal number. 2. was raised when the weather system transformed from a severe storm to a Typhoon around 8 AM today. In its most recent announcement, PAGASA (The Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical, Atmospheric and Astronomical Service Administration), announced that Rai maximum sustained wind speeds were increased to 120 km mph, instead of 110. On December 16, the typhoon will intensify further.
SIGNAL 1 WARNED AREAS
- Romblon’s southern regions
- Eastern Samar
- Northern Parts of Zamboanga
- Misamis Oriental
Our research shows that PAGASA generally issues alerts when tropical cyclones are in motion. The Public Storm Warning Signal number will change based on changes in intensity and speed of cyclones.
Did you find our post about Public Storm Warning #1 Signal helpful? Please leave your comments below. Signal 2 is raised in the eastern regions of Surigao del Norte e Surigao del Sur. Furthermore.