Amazon Prime Video can throw up a variety of error codes. These messages can be confusing and sometimes not helpful in diagnosing the problem. Most often, Amazon error codes are specific to a particular problem such as a slow internet connection or hardware problems.
To find the root cause of the problem, it is important to first identify the error code that you are experiencing. Next, test and verify that you have addressed the problem.
zoranm / iStock / Getty
Troubleshooting General Amazon Error Codes
Poor internet connectivity, issues with your streaming device or the Prime Video app are all factors that can cause problems when streaming video with Amazon Prime.
What to Do When Prime Video Doesn’t Open on Roku
These troubleshooting tips can help you fix many Amazon error codes because most failures can be broken down into a handful of categories.
- Restart your streaming device.
- Restart your home network devices.
- Improve your wireless connection, if possible.
- You can switch from a wireless network connection to a wired one.
- Update your Prime Video app.
- Clear your Prime Video app cache and reinstall the app if needed
- Amazon should ensure that your streaming device has the latest updates.
- Update your streaming device if necessary.
While most Amazon Prime Video issues can be resolved by following these basic troubleshooting steps you can also use an error code to help you pinpoint the root cause of the problem faster.
For more information, see below if the Prime Video app or Amazon web player provided an error code.
How to fix most prime video streaming problems
The majority of streaming issues with Amazon Prime Video relate to network or internet connectivity. Your device must be capable of supporting a connection speed of 3.0 Mbps to stream standard definition content and 5.0 Mbps to high definition content. For 4K streaming, you will need to support 25 Mbps.
You may experience problems streaming Amazon from your device if you don’t have an internet connection or your connection is too slow. One or more of these error codes may appear:
- 1007, 1022, 1060
- 7003, 7005, 7031, 7135, 7202, 7203, 7204, 7206, 7207, 7230, 7235, 7250, 7251, 7301, 7303, 7305, 7306
- 8020, 9003
To fix Amazon Prime Video streaming problems:
- If possible, verify your internet speed on the device that gave you the error code.
- To establish a stronger connection to your streaming device, move it or your wireless networking equipment.
Your router might not be able to reach all rooms in your house if there is a strong signal.
- Remove any sources of interference and switch your WiFi network on to a channel that’s not congested.
- Temporarily disable other devices that are using too much bandwidth on your network.
- Switch to an Ethernet wired connection.
- Power cycle your streaming device and network hardware.
Most streaming problems are caused by connectivity issues. It is important to check all your hardware and software. If all is well on your end, you can then contact your internet provider (ISP) or Amazon to report the problem. Prime Video will not start working again until you have the underlying problem fixed.
How to fix Amazon error code 1060
Amazon error code 1060 refers to a connectivity problem. It indicates that your streaming device is not connected to the internet or isn’t connected. This code is displayed when Amazon’s Prime Video app or Amazon web player can’t load a video. It displays messages like the following:
- Make sure your device is connected to Internet before you click Retry. If you still see this message after the connection is established, restart the app.
- Error code 1060
To fix Amazon error 1060 you must make sure that you have sufficient bandwidth and internet connection. Check that your device is connected to the internet and that you have sufficient bandwidth to stream Amazon Prime Video. If Amazon error code 1060 persists after restarting your device and shutting it down, you may have an issue with Amazon’s servers.
How to fix Amazon error code 7031
Amazon error code 7031 is a server error. This message is usually displayed when an error occurs:
- Video unavailable
- This video is having trouble being played.
This error can be seen most often when streaming from Amazon using the Prime Video web browser, but it can also happen on streaming devices. This error code can cause you to be unable to stream certain movies and shows while others are not able to play.
- Verify that Amazon Web Services is working properly. Amazon error code 7031 refers to a server problem and is often caused by Amazon’s servers. You can check social media such as Twitter and service monitors such as Downdetector.
- Check your network connection status.
- Your streaming app or web browser should be updated.
- Your web browser should be disabled Do not Track. This setting will prevent you from streaming Prime Video via your web browser. You can either disable this setting or stream Prime Video on a different device.
- Enable two-factor authentication. You must enable two-step verification if you want to stream Amazon Prime Video via a third-party provider.
- Use a virtual personal network (VPN). You may get error code 7031 if you try to stream content that’s not available in your area. You can either stream the content that is available or use a VPN for access to the content you are interested in.
Amazon error code 7031 refers to a server problem. Before you proceed with any other tasks, make sure that they are up. If there is no evidence that the servers have gone down, you should check your internet connection and update your software. For further assistance, contact Amazon or your ISP.
How to fix Amazon Prime Video Download problems
Amazon Prime Video lets you download content to your smartphone or tablet via the Prime Video app. You can view the content even if your internet connection is not available once you have downloaded it. There are several things you can do if you experience problems downloading or viewing Amazon Prime Video content.
This message is usually displayed when this type of problem occurs:
- This video is currently unavailable. Please try again. If the problem persists, please contact Amazon Customer Service.
- There are no movies that you have downloaded
This problem can be solved:
- Verify that your Amazon Prime Membership is active. This feature can only be used if you have an active membership. If you have been referred by someone else, ensure they did not remove you.
- Check your location. Prime Video only works if you’re in your own region and your region supports it. You won’t have access to downloaded Prime Video content if you are not from the United States or travel outside the country.
- Turn off your VPN. Is there a VPN installed on your router or do you have a VPN running on your device? Amazon will not allow you to download content if it thinks you are in another country because of a VPN.
- Restart your streaming device. Sometimes, restarting Roku and setting Chromecast can fix the problem. You can even turn your Apple TV off and then turn it on again to check if it is still working.
- Clear the cache of Prime Video or reinstall Prime Video. Clearing the cache will resolve any corrupt data or problems with the app.
How to check if Amazon Prime Video is down
You may need to have a service monitor such as Down Detector installed to verify that everything seems to be working fine. These service monitors continuously check for services such as Amazon Prime Video and make it easy to identify if there are any problems. This will not fix your Amazon error code but it will let you know if the problem is Amazon’s.
Here’s how you can use Down Detector in order to determine if others are having problems with Amazon Prime Video
- Navigate to Downdetector.
- Click on the search box and type Amazon Prime Video. Then, press Enter to open it.
We care about Amazon Prime Video, and not just Amazon.com.
- Take a look at the Amazon Prime Video issues timeline, and note any new reports.
- Scroll down and click on the Live Outages Diagram button.
- You should check for outage hotspots around your area. Amazon will fix any outages that are active in your area.
How can I cancel Amazon Prime?
Go to Account & Lists > Amazon Prime Membership > Manage Membership > Cancel Membership. There will be screens that remind you of your lost benefits. To confirm cancellation, select Cancel my Benefits.
How can I cast Amazon Prime Video on my TV?
Chromecast can be used on a mobile device by opening the Amazon Prime Video App and tapping Cast. Choose Chromecast to play your video. Go to Amazon Prime Video on a Chrome browser. Select the three dot menu > cast.