Installing the ALPS Pointing Device Driver Update will keep annoying touchpad issues at bay. Continue reading to learn how to install the driver update on Windows 11/10/7.
ALPS Pointing Device driver is necessary to control the touchpad on your laptop’s computer. The glide pad might not work as you expected if it isn’t downloaded and installed on your computer.
This article will show you how to quickly and easily download, install, and upgrade the ALPS Pointing Device Driver for Windows 11/Windows 10/Windows 7.
Without wasting precious time, let’s get to the point.
How to download and install the ALPS Pointing Device Driver update
The following steps will allow you to download the ALPS Pointing device driver update for Windows 7, Windows 10 and Windows 11.
Method 1: Download the ALPS Pointing Device Driver update using Device Manager
Device Manager is an in-built tool that Windows provides to assist you with driver updates. Here’s how to get the ALPS pointer device driver on Windows 7 or higher operating systems.
- You can use your system’s search feature to locate Device Management and open it.
- To expand the Device Manager, click on Mouse and other pointing devices.
- Right-click your ALPS device to select the Update Driver option.
- You can search automatically for the latest driver software.
- Once you have completed the above steps, make sure that your system is restarted.
Method 2: Get the ALPS Pointing Device Driver for Windows 11/10/7 from the system manufacturer’s website
You can also download an update for Windows 10 ALPS Pointing Device driver from the official website of your computer manufacturer. Here’s how to do it.
Note The steps below take Lenovo as an illustration. The process is almost the same for all manufacturers.
- Navigate to the official website of your device manufacturer (ours is Lenovo).
- You can visit the Support section.
- Search for your device.
- Click on the Downloadoption button to download the ALPS Pointing device driver’s installer (depending on which operating system you have).
- To run the installer, click twice on it.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to install the ALPSpointing Device Driver for Windows 11/10/7.
Method 3: Use the Microsoft Update Catalog to download the ALPS Pointing Device Driver
Microsoft offers an Update Catalog which allows you to download and install the necessary driver updates. We have provided the steps to download the ALPS Pointing device driver from that site.
- Visit the Microsoft Update catalog.
- Look for ALPS Pointing Device Driver.
- Downloadthe most recent driver for your operating system.
- Click the link you see on the screen.
- Follow the prompts on the screen to install the ALPS Pointing Device Driver on Windows 11/10/7.
Method 4: Download the ALPS Pointing Device Driver update automatically (Recommended)
We have shown you how to manually update the ALPS Pointing Device driver for Windows 7/10/11. These manual methods can be quite complicated and require a lot more effort on your part, as you might also agree.
You can use Bit Driver Updater to quickly download the latest ALPS Pointing Device Driver (Windows 10) and other versions.
With just one click, Bit Driver Updater will perform all necessary driver updates. This software also has many other amazing features such as scheduling scanning for obsolete drivers and creating and restoring driver backups.
We have provided a link below to where you can download this amazing software.
After downloading the Bit Driver Updater via the link above, wait a few seconds to be notified about any outdated drivers on your computer.
You can Update All drivers once you have identified the drivers that are out of date.
The Update Now tool also allows you to update the ALPS pointing device driver individually.
Experts recommend that all drivers be updated to ensure the computer runs smoothly.
These are the steps to retrieve the ALPS Pointing Device driver. You can clarify any doubts by reading the next section.
Frequently Asked Questions
This section will answer almost all your questions regarding ALPS Pointing Device Drivers Windows 10/11/7.
Q1. Q1. What is the ALPS Pointing Device driver?
ALPS Pointing Device driver is software that allows the touchpad of your ALPS to work properly on your computer. It allows you to communicate with the touchpad from your computer, ensuring that your instructions are executed correctly.
Q2. Q2. Is ALPS Pointing Device driver a virus?
ALPS Pointing Device driver is essential for proper operation of your touchpad. It is not a virus.
Q3. Q3. How can I fix my ALPS Pointing Device driver?
Below are steps to resolve any issues you may have with the ALPS Pointing device driver
- Launch Task manager.
- Navigate to Startup.
- Right-click on the ALPS Pointing device and choose Disable.
- Restart your device.
Also read: How To Update Logitech Mouse driver
ALPS Pointing Device Driver Downloaded and Updated
This article focuses on how to download and install the ALPS Pointing device driver update for Windows 10/11/7. Depending on your technical skills and experience, you can follow any of the following steps.
We recommend Bit Driver Updater as our preferred method of downloading and installing driver upgrades.
Do you have any comments or questions about this article? If so, please use the comments section to reach us.