If Apple CarPlay doesn’t work, try restarting your iPhone and the infotainment software, using a new USB Cable and making sure Siri and CarPlay are turned on.
Apple Carplay can make your driving experience more enjoyable. It can cause real problems if it does not work. It was frustrating when my iPhone stopped connecting to my car from nowhere. It was frustrating, but I eventually figured it out. I’ll share my experience.
Are you also having problems with Apple CarPlay? I can help!
How can I get CarPlay working?
If your CarPlay is not working, there are many solutions.
1. Allow CarPlay when the iPhone is locked
First, make sure CarPlay works when your device is locked.
- Go to “Settings”
- Tap on “General”.
- Click on “CarPlay”.
- Choose your car from the available options.
- Turn on the “Allow CarPlay While locked” switch.
2. Turn on Siri
Siri should always be enabled in Apple CarPlay, as it relies on its hands-free functionality.
To enable Siri:
- Go to “Settings”
- Go to “Siri & Search”.
- It is important to make sure that these options are available. These options are:
- “Hey Siri, Listen”
- “Press Side Button for Siri”
- “Allow Siri to Locked”
- These options, especially the “Hey Siri”, and “Allow Siri When Locked” ones, should solve your problem.
3. You might try a different USB port or USB cable
You might have a problem with Apple CarPlay if you’re using a wired connection.
Use a different USB cable for your iPhone to connect to the car’s infotainment systems
If this fails, you can try another USB port if your car has more than one. Apple CarPlay will not work with all USB ports. Look for one that has a CarPlay logo or a smartphone beside it.
4. Restart iPhone
Apple CarPlay issues can be fixed by restarting your iPhone to fix minor software glitches. This process is different for each model of iPhone.
- For the iPhone X series or newer:
- Hold the power button and either volume button simultaneously.
- The slider will appear. Wait for the phone’s to turn off.
- After it turns off, hold down the side button and wait for the Apple logo to appear.
- The iPhone 6, 7, 8 series and the second-generation iPhone SE are available:
- Keep the side button down.
- Drag the slider and wait for your phone to turn off.
- After you have turned off the power button, hold it down until the Apple logo appears.
- The iPhone 5 series and older, including the first-generation SE.
- Keep pressing down on the top button to reveal the slider.
- Slide the slider until the phone turns off.
- To confirm that your iPhone has restarted, hold down the top button until you see the logo.
5. Reset USB Restricted Mode
Apple’s iOS feature prevents any security problems when connecting USB devices. It does this by turning off the USB accessory if the iPhone is locked for longer than an hour.
This will prevent your iPhone’s Apple CarPlay from being turned off.
- Click “Settings”.
- Choose Face/Touch ID and Passcode.
- To proceed, enter your passcode
- You should have a section that allows you to access the device when it is locked. There will be a switch to access “USB Accessories” underneath.
- To disable USB Restricted Mode, turn the toggle switch on.
6. Restart Infotainment Systems
To fix any problems with Apple CarPlay, you may need to restart your car’s infotainment.
Refer to your vehicle’s manual for the correct procedure.
In most cases, however, the system will restart by holding down the power button for about five seconds.
7. Update Infotainment System Software
You can update some infotainment systems or aftermarket stereos that are compatible with CarPlay. You can update any of these systems.
The manufacturer of the car or stereo system that you are using will determine the process. For instructions on how to update your firmware, you can refer to the manual or website.
8. iOS Update
Another way to fix bugs that stop CarPlay working is to update your iOS device’s operating system.
- Go to the settings of your iPhone.
- Select “General”
- The “Software Update” button will appear at the top of your screen. Click that.
- Tap “Download and install” or “Install now” if an update is available. This will begin the process to update your iOS device.
9. Contact Apple Support
Apple support can be reached directly if all else fails. You might get suggestions or solutions that could help.
How do you reset your carplay?
If car supports wired carplay
- Go to “Settings”
- Tap “General”.
- Choose “CarPlay”.
- Select your car from the drop-down menu. Select “Forget This Car” at the bottom of your screen.
- Connect your device to the stereo system.
- The iPhone should be detected by the system. Accept any prompts.
It’s that easy!
CarPlay Supports Wireless CarPlay
Reconnecting to your car is possible if Apple CarPlay is being used over a wireless connection.
Bluetooth must be enabled in order for Apple CarPlay to work. After you have done this, reconnect to your car via Bluetooth.
- Click “Settings”.
- Go to “General”
- Click on “CarPlay”
- Choose your vehicle from the list of available vehicles
- Scroll to the bottom and select “Forget This Car”.
- After you have lost the synced car, turn the car on pairing mode. This may require you to refer to the manual for your specific car.
- The car should be listed in the Apple CarPlay screen’s list of cars. To connect, tap on the car.
It is important to delete any Bluetooth connections you don’t use, as they could interfere with CarPlay wirelessly connecting. This can be done by going to Settings, Bluetooth and tapping the “i”, next to the device that you wish to unpair. Tap “Forget This Device”
What could cause Apple CarPlay to not work?
These are the reasons Apple CarPlay does not work. This will help you to avoid future problems.
It is not possible to pair your iPhone with your car
CarPlay is not available on all iPhone models. You should also check if your car supports CarPlay wireless connectivity.
It is supported by iPhone models released after the iPhone 5 series and the two iPhone SE models. It is not supported by all other iPhone models.
It is possible that your car’s model does not support CarPlay. This lengthy list is available from Apple. To confirm, you can also call your car manufacturer.
In Region, Not Supported
CarPlay is not available in all countries or regions. You will need to verify that your location allows you to use it.
Apple also has a list you can consult to ensure you are in a country that is supported.
Siri is Off
CarPlay may not work properly if certain options for Siri are disabled in your settings. Siri is a hands-free device that relies on Siri’s capabilities.
CarPlay or iOS Bug
While bugs and glitches in iOS or CarPlay software can lead to funny behavior, they can also stop the app from connecting.
iPhone not properly connected
You won’t be connected to your iPhone if it isn’t properly connected to the infotainment software via USB.
It could be that your cable doesn’t support USB data connections or isn’t working optimally.
You could also have a USB port that isn’t designed for CarPlay.
Checklist for Apple CarPlay
CarPlay may be stressing you out or not working as it should. Check this list to make sure you meet all criteria.
These steps will help to avoid common CarPlay issues:
- You should ensure that your region is supported.
- Check that your iPhone model is supported.
- CarPlay is a feature that your car should support.
- Connect to the port.
CarPlay not working in your car can cause stress. You can get it working again with a few tries!
Check that your region, iPhone and car are compatible for CarPlay. This problem can be solved by restarting your iPhone, changing Siri settings and possibly using a new USB Cable.
That should have solved your problem. You might also want to take a look at our other articles.