If you are having problem together along with your HomePod mini, want to ship it in for servicing, or need promote it or deliver it away, you may need to go back it to manufacturing facility settings first. Keep analyzing to research how.
There are 3 easy approaches to reset a HomePod mini. The first may be executed thru the Home app on iPhone or iPad, the second one makes use of the bodily controls at the speaker, and the 1/3 includes a pc. If the primary technique does not paintings, strive the second one, and if for anything purpose that does not paintings both, use the 1/3.
Note: If you’ve got got two HomePod mini audio system installation as a stereo pair, you may want to ungroup them withinside the Home app earlier than you could reset both speaker.
How to Reset HomePod mini Using iPhone or iPad
Make certain you are signed into your iPhone or iPad with the Apple ID which you used to installation the clever speaker.
- Open the Home app in your iOS device.
- Press and preserve the HomePod mini card.
- Scroll to the lowest and faucet Remove Accessory.
- Tap Remove
How to Reset HomePod mini Without an iOS Device
If you cannot put off the HomePod mini from the Home app, you could press the pinnacle of the speaker to reset it to its manufacturing facility settings.
- Unplug the strength adapter for the HomePod mini, wait 10 seconds, then plug it lower back in.
- Wait some other 10 seconds, then press the contact floor at the pinnacle of the HomePod mini and preserve it there.
- The white spinning mild will flip red. Keep your finger down.
- Siri will say that your HomePod mini is set to reset. When you pay attention 3 beeps, raise your finger
If you continue to see HomePod withinside the Home app when you reset it, you may want to manually put off it the use of the primary technique defined above.
How to Reset HomePod mini thru Mac or PC
You also can manufacturing facility reset a HomePod mini the use of a pc. Just observe those steps.
- Plug HomePod mini into your pc the use of the USB-C cable that got here with it.
- Wait some seconds. If you are on a Mac, open a Finder window. If you are the use of a PC, open iTunes (make certain it is the today’s version).
- Select your HomePod whilst it seems withinside the sidebar in Finder or iTunes.
- Click the blue Restore HomePod… button.
Your pc will then begin the repair technique for the software program in your HomePod mini. You’ll recognise whilst your HomePod mini has completed restoring whilst there may be now not an orange flashing mild on pinnacle of it.