This article carries a complete elimination manual for uninstalling Android Studio from Mac. We will proportion 3 one of a kind approaches to get rid of the Android Studio from Mac entirely, along side all of its transient documents.
How to uninstall Android Studio manually
Before you dive into the stairs on the way to manually uninstall Android Studio, make certain to study the crucial notes so you apprehend why you shouldn’t uninstall apps from Mac with the aid of using simply dragging them into the Trash bin.
Steps to manually uninstall Android Studio from Mac:
- Quit Android Studio.
- Go to the Applications folder and get rid of Android Studio into the Trash.disposing of Android Studio from the Applications folder
- If you need to delete your tasks as well, discover the AndroidStudioProjects folder for your Home folder and get rid of them.
- Find Android Studio’s provider documents. For this, in Finder press Command+Shift+G.
- In the window that appears, type ~/Library and click on on Go.
- You gets to the Library folder. Here you want to discover and get rid of all documents related to Android Studio. Check the subsequent subfolders for them:
- ~/Library/Android (with the aid of using disposing of this folder you may additionally uninstall Android SDK)
- Library folder with the Android Studio cache documents highlighted
- As quickly as you discover and get rid of all of the leftovers of Android Studio, empty Trash for whole elimination.
How to uninstall Android Studio the usage of Terminal
As we noted before, you may’t simply drag and drop the Android Studio app to Trash due to the fact packages go away their provider documents at the back of for your Mac. To uninstall Android Studio with all its provider documents at once, use the Terminal command line. Follow the stairs below:
- Open Mac Terminal. Terminal icon in Launchpad
- Execute the subsequent instructions from the Terminal:
- rm -Rf /Applications/Android Studio.app
- rm -Rf ~/Library/Preferences/AndroidStudio*
- rm -Rf ~/Library/Preferences/com.google.android.*
- rm -Rf ~/Library/Preferences/com.android.*
- rm -Rf ~/Library/Application Support/AndroidStudio*
- rm -Rf ~/Library/Logs/AndroidStudio*
- rm -Rf ~/Library/Caches/AndroidStudio*
- rm -Rf ~/.AndroidStudio*
- rm -Rf ~/AndroidStudioProjects
- rm -Rf ~/.gradle
- rm -Rf ~/.android
- rm -Rf ~/Library/Android*
- Terminal window with instructions to get rid of Android studio guide documents
- This will delete all associated documents, such as Android SDK.
If you’re surprising with Terminal and experience uncertain approximately running with it, we’ve one greater approach of disposing of Android Studio to proportion with you. You will discover this one the perfect and fastest of all. Moreover, you may use this manner to soundly uninstall any software for your Mac. We are speaking approximately a unique program, App Cleaner & Uninstaller, that’s designed to absolutely get rid of apps and their leftovers on a Mac.
How to uninstall Android Studio the usage of App Cleaner & Uninstaller
- App Cleaner & Uninstaller is a unique software program which can absolutely uninstall packages on Mac and discover all final documents of already deleted packages. With App Cleaner & Uninstaller, you don’t need to waste any time manually attempting to find transient documents. It will mechanically discover them in much less than a minute!
Download App Cleaner & Uninstaller and release it. You will see a listing of the apps set up for your Mac.
Select the Android Studio app. If you turn to the Expert mode, you may see a listing of all its provider documents.
Click the Remove button and verify the elimination.
uninstall android studio mac
What is incredible approximately App Cleaner & Uninstaller is that it reveals the leftovers of previously-eliminated apps as well. You can view them withinside the Remaining Files section.
As you may see, dragging and losing apps to Trash isn’t sufficient for his or her whole elimination. Some apps do offer their personal uninstaller device, however they’ll be imperfect. Use App Cleaner & Uninstaller as a standard manner to uninstall apps on Mac. Also, this device permits you to manipulate startup packages on Mac and disable unneeded device extensions.