The Onn soundbar is a perfect complement to laptops, televisions or computers. It can be connected to televisions, laptops, and other devices It comes with everything you require to enjoy the best sound quality and experience. The process of setting it up is very simple and there are a variety of methods to connect the Onn soundbars to television, based on the devices you already have. In this blog, we will instruct you through how to connect Onn soundbars to television.
As you can discover, this detailed step-by-step guide to connection to the Onn soundbar can be much easier than you imagine even if you’re not a professional.
Onn Brand Overview
Onnis is a TV brand exclusive to Walmart created under one of Walmart’s own private label tradenames Durabrand. Although Durabrand manufactures Onn TVs however, they remain an unbranded brand from Walmart. Onn is a company that makes personal electronic devices and accessories for regular people or geeks. Its parent firm is Walmart.
Onn is Walmart’s e-brand name Onn, including Onn-TVs, can be bought only at Walmart stores. However warranty repair services are provided by an American company known as Element Electronics. Onn TVs are produced at least in part Thailand in Thailand and China.
How to connect the Soundbar To Television – Step-by step guide
In this article, we’ll discuss the three simple and well-known methods of connecting your Onn Soundbar to your TV, HDMI, Optical connection, and Bluetooth. We will also provide the specific steps to follow in each method of connection.
- Join Onn Soundbar Utilizing HDMI in and HDMI Connectivity to ARC
- Connect onn Soundbar Utilizing AUX or an the Optical Cable Connection
- Connect Onn Soundbar Using Bluetooth Connection & 5.1 System Connection
How to Connect Onn Soundbar using HDMI in and HDMI ARC Connection
HDMI is among the most widely used ways to connect two devices with An HDMI cable you are able to effortlessly attach to connect the Onn soundbar to your television. We’ll look at the steps you have to follow in order to establish connections:
- Make sure you have the HDMI cable (included) and connect the TV’s HDMI Out port with your audiobar’s HDMI IN port. If you don’t own one, browse through the top HDMI cable options at Amazon.
- The first end of the HDMI cable with an HDMI IN port on the Onn soundbar, and the other cable’s end connect to an HDMI Out port on the TV.
- If you’ve connected both devices using through an HDMI cable, then you need to alter the audio settings on your TV.
- Navigate to the Menu screen on your TV and select the Audio Settings. You must switch your output choice in order to HDMI as well as Wired in the audio settings.
Be aware that the soundbar comes with HDMI CEC functionality:
Make use of the HDMI cable (included) to HDMI cable (included) to connect the TV’s HDMI (ARC) port to the soundbar’s HDMI(ARC) port.
Another method of connecting the Onn Soundbar to TV is using an AUX cable or optical cable (aka digital cable). Each soundbar comes with different ports that allow HDMI optical connection as well as AUX connection, as do on the Onn soundbar. Let’s take a look below:
- The first step is to look to find the optical port within both devices. Also, the port must be identified with either the digital optical port or optical port.
- Use your optical cord (included) If not you can purchase it on Amazon. Make sure you are using 3.5mm up to 3.5mm optical cables.
- Connect the TV’s Optical out port with the soundbar’s Optical Port.
- As you would alter the audio settings in your HDMI connectivity, you will need similar with a digital optical cable. You can go to the Audio Settings on your TV and set the audio output setting to Optical Cable as well as Wired.
- If you are using an AUX cable using AUX cable, you can use a 3.5mm up to 3.5mm stereo sound cable (included) to connect the headphone port on your TV to an AUX-IN connector on the Soundbar’s.
How to Connect on a Soundbar using Bluetooth Connection
The following steps will help you connect your Onn soundbars to TVs by using the Bluetooth connection:
Here are the steps you need to follow to connect the Onn soundbars to TVs via the Bluetooth connection:
Set up Bluetooth connectivity:When your Soundbar is powered on you need to use the button to source or the Bluetooth button on the remote to switch into Bluetooth mode (Bluetooth ID Onn 36″‘ 5.1 Soundbar) to enter Bluetooth pair mode. A blue light indicator on the display will quickly flash and the indicator stays bright as long as Bluetooth is connected.
Connecting the speaker by hand: Long press mute on the remote for 8 seconds After that, long-press the button to pair the subwoofer to pair for 4s. the current LED indicator on the soundbar and the subwoofer’s mixed color (Red and blue) LED will blink rapidly until they are paired. After pairing the indicator on the LED will remain unaffectedly bright.
PSSubwoofer will be connected to the soundbar prior to it is removed from the factory. When the power is turned on they will connect instantly.
Connecting Onn Soundbar To TV Using Bluetooth Connection
- Turn on the power , then use the unit’s icon or remote control to turn the unit on by a sound prompt.
- Maintain the distance between the soundbar and your smartphone, PC tablet, or any other Bluetooth-enabled devices within a measured. The closeryou are, the more convenient.
- Check that Bluetooth is enabled the device you are using and the device is able to be recognized.
- Choose Bluetooth option on your soundbar. By using the remote control of the soundbar and click the Bluetooth button. The indicator light at the bottom of the bar will start blinking blue. Alternately, use an on-screen button until it turns blue.
- Choose the Bluetooth search option on your television. The TV should find the soundbar referred to as ” Onn 36” 5.1 soundbar“.
- Select the Pairing Mode Utilizing the remote controller, hold the Bluetooth button for 3 seconds until the light in the blue turns on slowly. Alternately hold and press the button that connects to the speaker for 3 seconds until the light in the blue turns on slowly.
- Choose the Bluetooth search option in your phone. The device should find the soundbar referred to as ” Onn 36” 5.1 soundbar“.
- Choose ” Onn 36” 5.1 soundbar“. If the blue light stops flashing, the device is connected to the soundbar and will become solid.
This blog post outlines the three most effective ways to connect the Onn Soundbar to TV. For any queries please let us know in the comments below.