As a law firm, your reputation is the key to success—it’s what sets you apart from the competition and shows potential clients that you genuinely care about their needs. While it’s always important to maintain an impeccable image offline and in person, online reputation management has become increasingly important in today’s digital world. With more people than ever relying on search engine results, customer reviews, social media posts, and other online sources when deciding which attorney or firm they should hire for their legal needs, establishing a strong presence with favorable reviews can be all the difference between winning or losing new business! Here are 7 tips from a leading digital marketing agency to help law firms maximize their online reputations so they can get more clients.
- Monitor Your Reputation: Keeping tabs on what people are saying about your firm online is the first step to successful reputation management. This can be easily accomplished by setting up Google alerts that notify you whenever your firm’s name is mentioned in any way across the web. According to a reputation management lawyer, regularly checking review sites like Yelp and Avvo for customer feedback will help you stay apprised of how your law practice is being perceived so you can take corrective action quickly if necessary.
- Respond To Reviews: Make sure you’re responding to both positive and negative reviews alike! It’s important to thank customers who have left good reviews as it shows potential clients that you value their input and care about providing the best service possible. When faced with negative reviews, it’s best to reply in a polite and professional manner. Offer to take the conversation offline or to make amends if possible.
- Claim Your Online Listings: Lawyer Reputation Management Boston suggests to ensure that your law firm is accurately represented across the internet by claiming all relevant online listings (Google My Business, Yelp, Avvo, etc.) and filling them out with consistent contact information. This will make sure that potential customers are finding accurate information about your firm whenever they search for you online.
- Publish Content Regularly: Publishing content regularly on blogs, social media pages, and other web properties will help boost your rankings in search engine results pages (SERPs) as well as establish yourself as an expert in your field. Make sure to keep your content informative, relevant, and up-to-date so that it appeals to both potential customers and search engine algorithms.
- Engage With Your Audience: Social media provides an excellent opportunity for law firms to engage with their customer base in a direct yet professional manner. Take the time to monitor comments, answer questions, and even post interesting or educational content related to your practice—all of which will help you establish a positive reputation among potential clients.
- Be Proactive About Reviews: Instead of waiting for people to leave reviews on their own volition, proactively ask them (via email or social media) if they wouldn’t mind writing something about their experience working with you online. This will help boost the quantity and quality of reviews on your firm’s pages, giving potential clients a more accurate picture of what it’s like to work with you.
- Leverage SEO Techniques: Search engine optimization (SEO) is an important tool for boosting web visibility and driving traffic to your law website or blog. By optimizing content with appropriate keywords and phrases, regularly publishing fresh content, and building backlinks from reputable sources, you can dramatically improve your search engine rankings and get in front of more potential clients.
These seven tips provide law firms with an effective way to manage their online reputations so they can attract more clients. Maintaining a professional yet engaging presence across the internet is paramount in today’s digital world—so make sure to stay on top of your online reputation management strategy. Doing so will ensure that potential clients see the best version of your law firm and are more likely to hire you for their legal needs. Good luck!